Wednesday, January 16, 2008

DAN IN REAL LIFE


Peter and I had our first official date night since Bella joined our family! Ever since Bella was born, I noticed that it's the little things that make me happy, like her first poopy diaper of the day, Bella's grunting, the sigh-kinda coo~ noise she makes after being unsuccessful at sneezing, taking her out for a breath of fresh air or visit to local Babies R Us, etc. Well, the most exciting event so far though was watching Peter "freaking out" at the movie theater while holding Bella in his arms. Well, not really freaking out but I know his back hurt tremendously from sitting up straight the whole movie for Bella and his arms were sore from holding her and keeping her quiet through the entire movie while I enjoyed movie and laughing next to him. :-) It was fun and the movie was quiet funny which neither of us expected. We figured...50 cents movie...can walked out at any time if Bella cries....good deal! But instead we both had good laughs and a fun date night WITH Bella. (Don't worry, Steph, you'll be watching Bella for our future date night!)

Of course, the real fun part started when we got in the car, driving back home. I knew Peter had a lot to say after watching the movie since it was about a widower and father of three girls who writes a column in a local newspaper about parenting and he falls in love in a woman not knowing that she's his brother's girlfriend. Well, it wasn't so much about Dan's love life that concerned me but one of his daughters (early teens maybe) who are "so in love" with her boyfriend and acts like she's Juliet in agony. It's really hilarious the way she acts (you know, the annoying typical teenager screaming "I hate you" and "you are a murderer of love") and I know Peter was worried about Bella as he has been since we found out we're having a little baby girl! So yes, there we were in the car with Bella peacefully sleeping in the back seat....Peter went on and on about how he's gonna handle the situation when it happens for real to Bella and what he's going to say when Bella comes home proclaiming, "Daddy, I'm in love!" If you know Peter at all, you know he's very "dramatic" in very cute way. :-) So yes, this time, he even took Bella's part and acted like a hysterical teenage girl while keeping his stern Daddy's part and had conversation on his own. Yes, it was quite amusing to watch and I didn't have to pay another 50 cents to watch it! *^^*

Peter acting as "Bella": Oh, Daddy, I love him!

Peter: That's nice, now go to your room.

Peter acting as "Bells": But Daddy, I &^%$#%^&*(*&^%$#@%^&*(&#$@$%^& (you can't hear what she's saying cause she's apparently crying)

Peter: Yes, that's very nice. I can't really understand what you're saying but I love you.

Peter acting as "Bella": But I *(&^%$#@&*( and )(*&^%$#@%^&*(%^$#@%^& Daddy! $^&*()*&#$%^&*%^#$@%^&*(&^%$^&**(&^%$#@%^& and and and (*&#$@%^&*(%$&*()&^%$&(*)&%^&*

Peter: uh huh~ (this is the trademarked sarcastic Peter "uh huh~" that he does which drives US insane!!!)

You can imagine the rest I'm sure.... *^^*

It was like that for a long time and Peter was quite serious too. And then he talked about when she should be able to date (Peter's still saying 30, of course and I'm going with 17 realistically). Also we talked about that we might as well hook her up with a good Christian boy ourselves so that she won't come home with a blue haired guitarist from some boy band covered in tattoos and his arms filled with crossed former girlfriends' names. And then we started to go over our friends' boys one by one... Yeah....good times.... :-)

Sigh, at the end of the day, we all know that he's going to lose the battle.... (Bella still loves you, Honey!) But for now, she's a Daddy's little precious girl who knows her Daddy is the best man in the entire world (and probably will want to marry Daddy until she understands that that's not possible and that he's already married to mommy). And right now....she's probably dreaming about daddy's butterfly kisses from last night. Honey, just enjoy these moments and we can always pray and fast non-stop once she reaches her teenage years. :-)

7 comments:

Peter said...

She's going to a convent... I won't handle this teenager in love thing well at all. As soon as she says "daddy I love him..." it's off to a far away boarding school. I'm going to officially start a little organization called FAD. Fathers Against Dating. The only requirements are some sort of weaponry and the desire to use it. Membership dues are quite reasonable.

AM said...

chuckle.... (Bella)

Mary said...

He only said, "Go to your room" once???? Has he installed a lock on the outside of her door yet?

Leslie Lauren said...

You know, I believe my father said something similar when I was growing up (that I'd be 30 before dating).

I ended up dating at 14, with mom and dad driving us everywhere. If he's a good kid (and my boyfriend was a good kid), then I think the rules should slide...just a little.

*high five and wink to Bella*

Dana said...

How would Peter handle Bella getting a belly button ring?

Just Curious.

Leslie Lauren said...

"How would Peter handle Bella getting a belly button ring?"

Probably as well as my parents handled it.

AM said...

Probably the same way you handle Shannon's belly button ring, Dana. :-)