Monday, December 31, 2007

"Quiet Time"






I got up this morning, had breakfast and have been sitting in front of computer for over 20 minutes and Baby Bella is still asleep without any sound (other than her breathing which I still check from time to time just to make sure). Now, that my friend, is what I call a miracle!!! *^^*

For the past few days, baby Bella has not been a "perfect little angel" she usually are. Yes, Peter and I both have a very high standard due to our friends' babies like Emily and we expect Bella to meet our expectation at all times. But still, all the crying and grumpy behaviors for the past few days are just too much.... I know what all the parents out there will say..."that's what babies do so deal with it!!!" :-) So we are dealing with it OK....except Peter finally had it last night and HE, the DADDY, put Bella on her crib in her room!!! WOW!!! I was impressed and realized the power of sleep deprivation. Poor thing....she cried and cried and cried and it just breaks your heart but then again when you are so sleepy and want to close your eye just for five minutes....well....you sometimes forget to "listen." :-)

I cried while feeding her at 2:30 in the morning looking down my little angel face who just want to be held and loved...well and fed. She must have been trying to find comfort in sucking her fingers because her mitten was all wet. But Bella did fine considering. She fell asleep in my arms and I put her back on her crib until next feeding time. Of course after that, she was back on the bed with me cause Daddy left for work! :-)

I hear things get easier. Well, I certainly hope so. But it's not too bad at all knowing that I can just take one little look at Bella's little angel face because that makes everything OK. Which is why I logging off right now because she's awake and crying now. Hey, at least I had about 40 minutes to myself! :-)

5 comments:

Peter said...

Officially we are blaming Bella's grandma and aunt for all the holding and loving they gave Bella, because now she expects to be a permenant apendage of anyone holding her. If you set her down for a few seconds, she will express her displeasure at a decibal level sure to cripple dogs. However after two days of the new program of parents huddled and listening with anguish to the cries of a baby crying, little Bella has restored some of her angelic character and has slept very well with minimal fuss. But I'm sure the battle will continue.

Leslie Lauren said...

What a DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get over how precious she is! I hope you guys are doing well :)

Stephanie said...

I PROMISE that it will get easier. I'll even bet my next child on it (HA!!!)

Dana said...

Don't believe Stephanie....she's been dipping a little too much into the cake batter (with the raw eggs)......it NEVER gets easier, just different.


=) JK (I think.....)

Mary said...

She's been asleep for several days now....get out that camera!