Thursday, May 17, 2007

Gus Gus, the real "THING"

I have been really good and tried not to think about the baby too much in terms of all the worries and concerns all the pregnant women tend to occupy their days with. Of course, there was time when my sister freaked me out with some symptom that I had (and yes, she's too open with me sometimes with things that are better kept inside but she loves me too much to do so! *^^*) and I did get worried a bit. But I prayed that everything will be done in God's will so whatever happens, happens...

Sounds like I have bad news or something, but I really don't. In fact, Peter and I had a wonderful day yesterday. We got to meet Gus Gus for the "first time" so to speak. Due to my heart condition, I am to visit Fetal Diagnostic Center regularly in addition to my regular OB visit so that they can keep an eye on the baby's growth and check for any abnormality, especially for the congenital heart disease that I was born with. So we had a first visit. As you know, I'm 9 weeks pregnant and the only thing that makes me think that I'm actually pregnant is my morning sickness and well... frequent bathroom visits. So it was pretty fabulous to see and know that there is an actual baby in my tummy and I'm not going crazy!! :-)

Well, some friends of mine have told me that I need to drink lots of water before I have my sonogram done so that they can see the baby better and of course, I did drink LOTS of water. My first question when the nurse came to see me? "When can I go to the bathroom?!" Yes, it was funny but not really. So she decided to do my sonogram ASAP before I ran to the bathroom. I thought I would be more emotional but I think I was too busy thinking about my bathroom visit afterwards.

And she showed us...Gus Gus' little feet, its belly and head. It was amazing how I could tell all the body parts of my baby because, really, when Julianna showed me her sonogram picture, I went, "I'm so sorry but I really don't see the baby!!!" I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to tell what's what, but I did. It was 2.1cm long, right on target on the growth chart, and it moved its feet around like a real thing! :-) And then...there was....its little but fast heart beat of 175. My baby's heart was beating... It was so amazing and so wonderful to experience and then...yes, I ran to the bathroom.

Peter and I trust in God that He'll watch over our baby and its growth but I ask for your continuous prayers regarding the baby's health and strong heart for where two or three come together in Jesus' name, there is He with them. (Mark 18:19-20)

4 comments:

Peter said...

Our baby is a cute little blob that only a parent could love. But when you hear that cute little heartbeat you can only think... IT'S ALIVE! Pretty freakin cool! I'm blessed to have such an adorable little blot and an amazing woman to share it with.

AM said...

The cute little blob and I love you, Daddy! :-)

Dana said...

Yeah, people told me to drink lots of water before my sonograms too, but it made me too uncomfortable during the sonogram and i was so focused on that, that i couldn't fully concentrate on what the ultrasound technican was telling me......so i scratched that theory for the rest of my pregnancies and all my ultrasound pics turned out fabulous, even when i dehydrated myself. =)

spare yourself the misery next time, sister. =)

glad "baby mcmoore" is healthy......

Katie said...

Awww. So exciting! Congrats again!!