Monday, November 27, 2006

Oh CHriStmAs TrEe~~



So it’s done! *^^*

Ok, so the first picture was taken at the mall, but the second picture is our own Christmas tree!

Although I was suffering from a horrible back pain since Wednesday before Thanksgiving (I mean having-hard-time-walking kind of back pain!), I was determined to get our Christmas tree on Friday after Thanksgiving! Well, Peter decided that going to a Christmas tree farm to cut our own tree as we originally planned would be too much for my back pain…and he was right. So we went back to Home Depot as we did last year… Well, as you can imagine, Peter did all the work of putting the tree up and I did all the decorating. And then, we watched LOVE ACTUALLY, one of my favorite Christmas movies…

Well, all the Christmas decorating is done inside the house and Peter wants to decorate the outside of the house soon. By the way, our old couch is finally gone! And by “gone” I mean it’s been moved to our garage! Of course, Peter had hard time since he wanted to keep it until Ethan and Sydney graduate from college, but I didn’t think that was going to happen. *^^* Well, once Peter gets tired of parking his car outside, I’ll guess he’ll get rid of it for good.

I love the smell of Christmas tree in our house…and I love December!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify... Abi does believe that Ethan and Sydney will graduate from college the doubtfullness expressed referred to her husband's desire to keep the couch around until that time!

Anonymous said...

Incidently... what's with the mutant picture of me in front of the mall Christmas tree... augh!

Dana said...

Abi, I love your tree and especially the tree skirt, i love the deep burgandy color. i've never been to your house before, but the room with the christmas tree is beautiful, maybe someday i'll get to see it in person (hint, hint, dana's fishing for an invite) =)

and welcome to the blog-o-sphere peter! i do have to admit, you do look a little odd in the picture with the christmas tree, i wouldn't say mutant-like, more like a cartoon character or bobble head or something, thankfully, you don't look at all like that in real life. =) everyone knows pictures distort.......i have burned many picture of myself over the years, due to cruel distortion =) =)

and you'll have to show me this "infamous couch" that now resides in your garage, it must be pretty special if you're willing to give up your parking spot. =)

we'll see you sunday, bright and early. =)

Katie said...

Hi, Abi! Dana gave me your blog site. It's been fun to read and "catch up" on you here. Have I posted a comment before? I can't remember. Oh well. 'Tis the Season to be Looney!

See you Tuesday!

Katie said...

BTW- I don't think I've given you our family site- www.mcdonnellplace.com

I hear Leslie's started a blog- I'm off to check that out now...

Stephanie said...

I won't break the news to Ethan and Sydney yet that the couch is gone...I'll wait for the right moment.

Leslie Lauren said...

We missed you last night, Abi!!!

I hope your headache is gone and that your work isn't as stressful :)